Tuesday, January 6, 2009

An introduction, if you please




So, I've joined the bandwagon. I've made an art blog (although I'm following in suit of my friend who has a journalism blog).

I suppose this is where I introduce myself, no? I love all aspects of art, but comics, specifically, is my passion. I go to NYC this summer to study comics for 4 years at SVA. I also enjoy film, music, literature, philosophy, women's studies.

I hope to post art (duh), comics (double duh), and talk about some great comics, books, artists, or music that I've encountered recently.
Most importantly, I'm hoping this blog will force me to make comics as often as I can.


So, to begin with what's been going on. I've been...busy.
Just finished up a piece today that might be published in a book (I'm 90% sure it will, unless they make some real desperate cuts) by SMITH magazine. I scripted and thumbnailed a 5 page colour comic that I need to get done this week (God help me). I'm coming up with thumbnails and sketches because I'm designing something for a friend (who offered to pay, over and over, but I told her just having that on a resume was good for me). Finally, I'm planning out a box sculpture comic, a painting and getting in contact with some of my instructors.

I'm not complaining though. It's much better than being bored.


Here's what I hope to have in the book:

No comments:

Post a Comment